How to play T3 Videos
Quick Start Rules
What is T3 Ping Pong?
T3 Ping Pong is 3-a-side table tennis played on a round table! It follows similar rules to the traditional game, but it is played with three or even six players on each team (Chaos Theory rules*). The distinctive circular design and specially constructed net are the foundations of a game which is fast, fun and addictive.
How to play Triples Table Tennis
Conventional table tennis rules apply plus a few twists:
1. When serving, the ball must land within the correct third. When the ball is in free play, it can bounce anywhere on the table, once per side. Volleying is not permitted.
2. Three players per side, total of six players. Each team of three players use T3 bats marked 1 to 3.
3. Service is always delivered from the centre third of the table. To start, player 1 (bat 1) serves twice to his opponent, also player 1, standing directly opposite. Ball must land in correct ‘third’ of the table.
4. Player 1 then serves to opponents 2 and 3, standing diagonally left and right, respectively. Two serves to each player, so six in total.
5. Receiving team players maintain same starting positions throughout these 6 services, so all receive two serves.
6. Service then changes sides, and above steps 3 to 5 are repeated from other team.
7. Service then continues to change sides after each (‘service round’ of) 6 services: to players 2 (bat 2), then players 3 (bat 3), whilst players 1 exchange positions with them
8. During play, each player can only hit two consecutive shots. If a player takes more, the point is automatically awarded to the opposing team.
9. After service, the ball is in free play anywhere on the table, for anyone to hit.
10. The winning team is the first to reach 15 points with two clear points. Best of three games wins the set. Teams change sides after each game.
CHAOS THEORY RULES
HOW TO PLAY T3 CHAOS THEORY:
1. Six players each side, a total of 12 players.
2. Each side has one ball; so 2 balls in total. Each rally consists of two points, one per ball.
3. Each side nominates a team server whose position will always be in the centre third.
4. Both team servers start the game by serving simultaneously from right to left (as per diagram) The ball must land in the correct third of the table (2 players in each third). After service, the ball is in free play anywhere on the table.
5. If the balls collide and only one remains in play, the game continues until the remaining point is played out. If both leave the table after collision, no points are awarded.
6. The winning team is the first to reach 15 points with two clear points. Best of three games wins the set.
T3 SINGLES RULES
HOW TO PLAY T3 SINGLES PING PONG:
1. One player each side, a total of two players.
2. Service is always taken from the centre third to the opposite centre third of the table. Free play can then continue.
3. Each player serves twice.
4. The winner is the first to reach 15 points with two clear points. Best of three wins the set.
T3 DOUBLES RULES
HOW TO PLAY T3 DOUBLES:
1. Two players each side, a total of four players.
2. First service is always taken from the right, then left third to the opposite diagonal third of the table. Free play can then continue. Each player serves twice to each opponent.
3. During play, each player can only hit two consecutive shots. If a player takes more, the point is automatically awarded to the opposing team.
4. Serving players swap places with their partners in order to serve to second player on the opposing team. Return to original position when service changes sides.
5. The winning team is the first to reach 15 points with two clear points. Best of three wins the set.